30 April 2012

I think I knit funny..

My Oma taught me how to knit when I was eight, but it wasn't until last year sometime that I really fell in love with it. Other interests, you know? That, and the annoying way my stockinette would curl. How could I ever knit anything cool like a sweater if my scarves wouldn't even sit flat?? Yes, laugh. It's funny : ) (Not to mention completely normal for stockinette to do that if you didn't know. You have to block, or pin the fabric out and get it wet, to get rid of it.)



Anyway, I knit these arm-warmers in October because it's cold here and I was having a hard time finding a coat with long enough sleeves that wasn't also a tent in the torso region. Not very far into the project though, I finally got frustrated by the weird bumpiness that my knitting always seemed to have. Obviously, I was doing something wrong. For reals. Help me, Youtube!



And it did! It did, it did! I found this video on combined knitting pretty early on in my search and everything was solved! I was able to actually finish the project and haven't looked back. I found I could even hold the yarn instead of throwing it with this method : D Something about winding it around like you do in continental just never stuck with me all the times I'd tried to do it.

In any case, it was a Happy Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment