28 April 2012

Look at all my pretty yarns : D

So...my husband is pretty much the bomb. The other week I finished off everything left on my needles from the winter, and was really itching to do something for summer. Particularly, this.

Problem #1: I only have wool. Big, chunky wool at that. It simply won't do.

So, I go to my lovely local yarn shop down the street to pick up some cotton. No biggie.

Problem #2: The LYS doesn't stock much cotton. At all. In fact, that are closing out a lot of it too.

I could cave and get a color other than the one I'm looking for, or I could go online and find what I do want. Yes. Online. Yes.

Problem #3: Shipping for just a couple skeins of yarn costs as much as a whole new ball!

This is where my husband's awesomeness comes in. After watching me squirm over it for a couple days, ogling some pretty Rowan Revive yarn that's just perfect but not being able to justify the shipping costs he says to me:

"Why don't you just plan out your next few projects and order enough yarn to get the free shipping?" (That's $60 of yarn, and we just got married a month ago, so money is tight.)

My eyes lit up. "Can we??"

"Yeah, we can make it work."

And lest you think this is just fiscal irresponsibility, my hubby doesn't like to roll that way ; ) We had to move some funds around but we did it and look! The yarn came! It came it came it came! : D


So, whoosh and away I go to knit ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment